ETA: I started a Flickr group for the Bee Shawl/Stole
A little bit of a progress report!
The Flicker Socks are done! I hope my pal likes them.
The Bee Shawl
I have Cast on the Bee Fields Shawl again, this time with the right cast on method…whoo! Thank you to everyone that left their comments for the contest. I certainly realized that my ripping the shawl wasn’t that bad compared to what some people have had to do. Thank you so much for sharing your stories.
We have the Bee Stole!
The pattern for the Stole version of Bee Fields is here.
Ann Hanson’s Photo. I have this amazing pattern in stock. The stole is next on my list!
The Penelope Shrug
I have been designing this shrug in my head for a long time and have finally started working on it.
The shrug has a wide bell sleeve with a tapered upper arm…a little seed stitch band that will lead into the lace. The yarn is Great Big Sea Silk and is really wonderful to work with. The drape will be perfect for this shrug.
The Sea Silk is up!
And My SP 11 questionaire!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Hmm…I like them all except for acrylic.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Needle holders
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I have been knitting 6 years, self taught
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? intermediate to advanced
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope
5. What’s your favorite scent? Hmmm…good question. Probably vanilla
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? RED VINES!!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I love to spin as often as possible
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love punk, rock, alternative…not a big country fan.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand? I just love colour…favorite is probably a big surprise…PINK
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a good/bad Cat Simon.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? All but ponchos
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? SOCKS SOCKS SOCKS!
13. What are you knitting right now? A shawl…bzzzz
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? why yes i do!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like bamboo and have no preference between straight and circ
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes i have both
17. How old is your oldest UFO? no comment
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!
19. Is there anything that you collect? Lots of yarn!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have subscriptions to interweave and vogue
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? Hmmm…I try to challenge myself all of the time, so there is nothing right now.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes I am a size 9 shoe
23. When is your birthday? May 14th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID? I love Ravelry!! my username is sweetsheep i would love to see you all there!