I have been having a blast doing all of these fiber shows lately and this saturday am doing one that is SO CLOSE to my house…I hope any of you that are in the area will come and visit me!
I have some updates going into the shop tonight and Yarn Pirate is one of them! Check it out. I also have a bit of knitting and spinning to show…soon!
Here is the info
Spinning Wheel Alpacas (SWA) is hosting a Shearing & Fibre Show May 31st from 10am-4pm
Located at 1857 Regional Road 3, Enniskillen, ON L0B.
- Fifteen minutes north of the 401.
- From the West, exit the 401 at Courtice Road then follow these directions.
- From the East, exit the 401 at Waverly Road then follow these directions.
- Admission is by donation with the proceeds going to charity.
- Nancy & Garth Hutchinson are hosting the event.
- At this outdoor event, there will be charity raffles, fibre demonstrations, weavers, spinners, food, very cute Aplacas, three beautiful white dogs and a duck.
- When you buy SWA yarn or fleece, you will most likely be able to meet the Alpaca it came from.
- There will be sun (doesn’t hurt to put in a request to mother nature).
- There will be lots of very fresh air.
Confirmed Local Vendors:
- Amazing Graze Alpacas is selling yarn, rovings, and Canadian alpaca products.
- Clarington Country Bed and Breakfasts is providing information about their unique country getaway locations.
- Durham East 4H Club is dedicated to building vibrant communities by encouraging youth leadership for boys and girls. 4H is selling yummy baked goods with proceeds going to the club.
- Gallery on the Farm will be exhibiting artwork by Eric Bowman.
- Hickory Dickory Decks (co-host) specialize in outdoor living by providing education and information about maintenance-free decking.
- Kit Knit is selling Cascade Yarns and other fine knitting supplies.
- KMK Catering and Events is grilling great BBQ eats.
- Kniterary is selling a selection of yummy yarns and accessories.
- Rancho Tranquilo is selling Canadian, hand spun alpaca yarn, alpaca duvets, dog beds, teddy bears, boiled wool mittens and scarves.
- RenewedStrength is a not for profit organization that helps physically rehabilitate men and women recovering from cancer treatment. Admission and proceeds from the raffle will be donated to the organization.
- Spinning Wheel Alpacas (SWA) (event host) raises Alpacas and produces fleece. The Fleece Station at SWA sells Canadian made alpaca products as well as hand-crafted items from Peru. Come and watch how the fleece is sheared from alpacas, combed and spun into yarn.
- Sweet Sheep specializes in artisan, hand-dyed yarns.
- Taking the Lead is selling home baked dog and cat treats and offers dog walking, pet sitting holistic Health Care.
- WhiteVale Craft Works is devoted to the art of weaving and spinning and is selling hand made master pieces and weaving products.
- more vendors will be listed soon.